LAST DATE FOR ONLINE ORDERS WAS
TUESDAY 11TH DECEMBER 2018
- AFTER THAT DATE PLEASE PHONE FOR AVAILABILITY:
About our birds
WE NOW SELL ALL POULTRY BY METRIC WEIGHT KILOS,
PLEASE SEE OUR CONVERSION CHART;
All weights refer to Oven Ready birds.
All weights refer to oven ready weight. The birds are dressed ready for the oven. The turkey comes in a convenient carry home box complete with recipe leaflet and cooking tips.
Count down to Christmas with the Traditional Turkey Association
To most people the mixture of frenzy and excitement that is Christmas doesn't start until the dark days of winter but for us the preparations start early in the New Year.
Since early summer we have been caring for and nurturing the turkeys.
"Sue - turkey excellent! " M.F.
"Just wanted to say that your happy turkey gave us a very happy Christmas dinner... it was delicious. " L.H.
OUR 12 POINT QUALITY ASSURANCE CODE GUARANTEES THAT OUR TURKEYS ARE:
1. When you order a Holme Farm Turkey for your Christmas dinner you can be sure of the tastiest possible meal.
2. Reared and produced with the greatest care, to produce the finest truly traditional farm fresh Turkeys.
3. Fattened on rations containing at least 70% of cereals with no animal protein and never given antibiotics or other additives for growth promotion.
4 Supplied with money back commitment in the unlikely event of your dissatisfaction.. This commitment is guaranteed by the traditional Fresh farmers Association.
5. Reared at Holme Farm from day one by the Crosse family, with over 50 years experience in Christmas Turkeys.
6. Regularly bedding with comfortable straw and grown slowly to full maturity and prime condition.
7. Independently inspected to make sure the code is met in full.
8. Slaughtered on the farm to avoid stress from transport.
9. Always dry plucked and hung for a minimum of seven days to mature and develop the natural flavours unique to this type of rearing.
10. Inspected by the local environmental health office to ensure that all legislation is fully complied with and to ensure we process our Turkeys safely.
11. Individually inspected and examined before qualifying for the Totally Traditional Turkey guarantee.
12. Housed in barns with natural light and ventilation, or our grass meadows.
Individually inspected and inspected before qualifying for the Totally Traditional Turkey guarantee.
For us the health and welfare of the birds is paramount and we take our responsibility to the birds and to the consumer very seriously. After all we have to live up to our reputation for producing the tastiest Turkey on the market!!
Totally Traditional Turkeys are produced solely on selected UK farms and naturally reared on local feed. Our turkeys are grown to full maturity and to the highest welfare standards, dry plucked and game hung for at least seven days, according to tradition. Totally Traditional Turkeys are the only turkeys with the EU ‘Traditional Speciality Guarantee’ of old-fashioned flavour and quality.